Hope everyone is having a great day! Today I want to share a recipe for all of us crust lovers. I’m not a pie person but give me any crust and I’ll go to town, I’m always a bit sad when I only get a small piece of crust, so I came up with an idea to get crust in every bite, with a pie I have called the destructed apple pie. The best thing about this pie is that you can make it from scratch or buy it from the store, I promise none will know!
So come let’s make some pie.
Store bought apple pie, if you want to make your own Pinterest has great recipes
1 bag of Caramels
1 bags of Pecans
- destruct the apple pie. Take off all the crust and put it on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 all the pie crust for 20 minutes. Very important BROIL for the last 6 minutes. Remember we all love a crunchy crust.
- Scoop up the filling and put on a cutting board. Cut the apple slices into dices.
- In a pot melt the caramels and add Media Crema to get that smooth, delicious texture. The reason why I use Media Crema is that it has such a long storage life and it’s so easy to add a tbs or 2 on some homemade mac and cheese for a delicious savory dish.
- Now if you have a pretty bowl this is the time to use it. Place your chopped apples in the bowl, don’t worry about it looking pretty.
- Break up the crust once it’s a bit cooled off and added it to the bowl. Save one big piece for the end
- Add 2 tbs of the melted caramel and mix with apple and crust.
- Remember that piece of crust you saved, well now is time to cut it up and crumble on top of your pie.
- Add as much or as little pecans as you want and drizzle the remainder of the caramel on top. I had some caramel left over and I’m saving it to make caramel apples.
The best thing about this pie is that it doesn’t take hours to make. If you are running late to a holiday party you can easily create the destructed apple pie in less than 30 minutes, and shhh, don’t tell anyone is store bought!