“This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
“Thank you, MAM, for partnering with me on this post. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own”
This past week we welcomed a new baby cousin, Lucas. He is the most adorable little boy I have ever seen. I love babies and seeing them those first few hours changes your life forever. Holding what you once felt from the outside it’s just one more miracle from heaven, and it is also the cause of my baby fever!
I remember those first few hours of being a mom, holding my sweet and beautiful child in my hands and never wanting to let go. You can bet I was the mom that slept with the baby in the room. I just wanted to hold her and kiss her. But, those few days were not all very tranquil and beautiful. The first few days were really hard on us so I’ve come up with a welcome home baby basket to help you or all your mama friends!
Without further or due here are the items I put in that basket and I’ll explain along the way why I choose those items!
Welcome Home Basket:
- Carter’s bodysuits: One of my first lessons as a mom was that there was going to be lots and lots of laundry along the way. These bodysuits are amazing, safe as per usual and super soft. (Carter’s is having a sweepstakes, more info at the end of this post) Click here to join the Twitter party!
- MAM Pacis and bottle: [Gifted] Here is the story on this one, After being home for a few days Bella was still not sleeping and losing weight, so we were told to had to supplement with formula. We tried and tried all my bottles and all my pacis and nothing worked. After thinking a bit we decided to sanitize a set we had gotten for free at the doctor’s office and Bella drank from them up until she was 4 months old. The shape of both, the paci and bottle of the MAM somehow were closer to my breast than any other and boy was I happy mommy to be able to make daddy a bottle of expressed milk and have him feed her.
- Bella B Naturals, butter, and body wash: [Gifted] As much as these are items for babies, I used these on myself still whenever handling a newborn. Many people still forget that they are sensitive and most shower gels are very strong. Plus they make awesome bubbles, per Bella 😉
- A cute decorative cup. I got one very similar to this one to help me hold all of Bella’s pacis. It kept them out of eye and added a special touch to her room!
- A handmade anything. If you read a few of my posts you’ll know I’m not a good cook but I can crochet and bake, so I usually tend to pick one of those for my handmade item. Cupcakes or cookies are always welcome for new mamas. For this box, I made a crocheted bonnet! I’m thinking of doing a tutorial for some of my crochet items and adding a few to my Etsy shop for all of us who are always in a hurry!
A few extra tips:
I added a printable that was sent to me by one of my favorite companies Cozy but Etsy usually has a pretty long list of amazing printables!
Remember the basket, the items inside are important but remember the basket will also be used a lot.
Lastly, kiss those baby angels as much as you possibly can.
The Carter’s Sweepstake:
1. The Original Bodysuit Sweepstakes: (Thursday, 9/14 10AM-6PM EST, on Twitter & Instagram)
a. To Enter: Post a photo of baby in a bodysuit using the hashtag #bodysuitsweepstakes on Instagram or Twitter from 10AM – 6PM EST for a chance to win!
b. Prizes: Five winners will be selected to receive a $100 Carter’s Gift Card each hour from 10 AM – 6PM EST! One lucky winner will be selected to win the grand prize of Carter’s bodysuits for 1 year (in the form of a $625 gift card)!
i. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Original Bodysuit Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., DC, U.S. territories and PR, 18 yrs. and older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 9/14/17 on or about 10:00 AM ET and ends on 9/14/17 at 6:00 PM ET. For a copy of Official Rules visit the www.carters.com/originalbodysuitsweepstakes. Sweepstakes is sponsored by The William Carter Company, 3438 Peachtree Rd. NE, Ste. 1800, Atlanta, GA 30326.
2. Double Points on Bodysuits! (Thursday, 9/14 all day, in store & online)
a. Rewarding Moments members will earn double points on their bodysuit purchase on bodysuit day! You can check out their offerings below! *Some exclusions apply. i. http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-boy-bodysuits?navID=header ii. http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-bodysuits?navID=header
iii. To learn more about Rewarding Moments visit www.carters.com/rewards
3. Bodysuit Day Twitter Chat Sweepstakes: (Thursday, 9/14 1-2PM EST, on Twitter)
a. Carter’s will also host a Bodysuit Day Twitter chat from 1-2p EST! RSVP today and join in the fun using #cartersbodysuitsweepstakes for more chances to win big! http://bit.ly/BodysuitChat
Updated:If you missed the sweepstakes above here is another one for you! All you need to this is click THIS link and enter.
Read all the good stuff below!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Win Every Day Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., DC, U.S. territories and PR, 18 yrs. and older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 9/25/17 on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on 10/2/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. For a copy of Official Rules visitwww.carters.com/wineverydaysweepstakes. Sweepstakes is sponsored by The William Carter Company, 3438 Peachtree Rd. NE, Ste. 1800, Atlanta, GA 30326.