The diaper bag went out the window when Bella turned two and my purses finally made it out of the closet after a very long break. This was a big step in my mommy journey and I have to confess that many times after making the switch I deeply regretted it. Something was always left at home. The milk had spilled more times that I can count, a blowout occurred once or twice and food incidents are still happening which left my mommy brain in pieces every time I would miss an item. It would have been easy to use my purses as a diaper bag since most of them were always big enough, but the idea of getting them dirty didn’t sit right with me, so kept them as purses and would carry around a purse and a diaper bag.
That lasted a split second!
I got tired of the two handbag thing fast, so after lots of research googling I decided that we needed a car tote. This has worked amazingly for our little family.
We keep this tote in the car at all times packed with items we may need and since the summer started we also added a pool tote to our trunk. We carry diapers and wipes in all my purses simply because that’s really a must, but everything else fits perfectly in my car tote.
So now let’s get to the basics.
I use the Mama Martine diaper bag. I use this bag almost every day and since my laptop fits in it’s perfect for work too.
So here is a run down of what we carry:
1. My Tote Savy: This is a must for all big bags! I’m the messiest person alive, yet have the worst type A personality with my bags so this helps a ton.
2. A change of clothes: If you are a parent, there is really no explanation needed.
3. Swimsuit: Yes, we carry a swimsuit around because Bella loves water.
4. Snack: I don’t know if it’s just my kid but she is always hungry. She doesn’t finish any of it but she just has to hold it. For some reason, she thinks I’ll forget to feed her. LOL. It has never happened but it’s a Bella thing.
5. Sunglasses. This is usually my backup glasses. I need one at all times because my eyes are very sensitive to light which results in horrible headaches so I make sure I always have a backup.
6. KLEENEX Go Anywhere Packs: Tissues are like sanitizers, always needed and in large quantities. There is always someone with runny eyes or nose. In Texas, there is no such thing as allergy season, allergies last all year long and sadly all of us suffer from it so these are a must! I also love that Kleenex has this cute little packaging that can be attached to any bag’s handle or even a stroller for faster clean up. Here is a coupon for all you sweet mamas. They can be found at your local Walmart and here is a coupon to make this deal even sweeter.
7. Books and Planner: We are big readers and most of the time we have a book for both of us. Bella is big on books and will literally entertain herself for a good 10 minutes “reading”. Ten minutes are huge in our doctor’s waiting area.
8. Sunscreen and Bug repellent. We carry the regular sizes in both pool tote and car tote. I cannot talk enough about sun safety and as far as the repellent we just found out Bella is allergic to mosquito bites so we slather it on.
9. Essential Oils, Lip Balm, Computer, Evian face Spray and Changing pad.
Like I mentioned above this bag usually stays in the car but I love that even when I need to I just add my wallet and use it a purse or hang it in our Viaro.
Now, tell me how do you keep you toddler’s things organized, and most importantly your toddler clean!?