*This post contains some affiliate links. With a purchase from these links a small commission can be made, which helps keep this blog running. Thank you for your support*
I received product from Chicco, Wonder Well and Evian, which are shared in this post.
As always all thoughts and opinions shared are 100% my own.
This year, for the second year in a row, we made it our mission to buy the Zoo membership and get the most use out of it. Bella is a total animal lover.
Girl friend is afraid of frogs but elephants, tigers ad every big animal you can think she could really care less. She wants to pet them and can stare at them all day long.
So one Saturday out of the month we take our little crew to enjoy a zoo day.
We leave the house early, 7-8, and head to downtown Houston. We get to enjoy some breakfast on the way and walk it out (lol) through the zoo.
Sometimes with kids trips are very unpredictable and as fun as they may be it can do downhill pretty fast.
I’ve put together a list of tips that have worked for us and we hope they work for you too.
I feel I should write the little notice you get when doing an exercises video, you know the one that reminds you to contact your doctor, well yeah I don’t know about your toddler but mine is as hard as the next INSANITY video when she is upset.
5 Tips to make a Zoo (or any park) fun and easy for the whole family.
1. Take it slow: We do the zoo by sections, our zoo is so big that’s the only way to see it all comfortably. The first few times we went and attempted to do the entire zoo let’s just say we left there all grumpy and tired. Also our zoo has a splash pad so whenever we do the petting zoo we always finish at the splash pad.
2. Bring Food: I mentioned this a few post ago, but we need food AT ALL TIMES. Snacks, nothing big but have them prepared in zip lock bags. This helps calm a melt-down in 0.3 seconds.
3. Have Refreshments: I know as a parent we always have this on hand, but we tried Wonder Well Water and Bella slurps it down in seconds. I has a dash of fruit flavor but with no added sugars. It literaly makes them think that they are having juice with out the total sugar rush.
Use code THECHOME to get 10% of your order
4. Have a comfortable ride: We take our stroller and cannot imagine doing the zoo with out it. We have the Chicco Viaro and use it daily whether for special trips or running around in the neighborhood. Is high enough to allow her to see the animals, comfortable enough to let her fall asleep when she is worn out and it has not one but two drink holders… And yes she uses both of them. Sometimes for her drinks and another times for her feet. #toddlerlife.
5. Have the right products: Very vague I know but I’ll list a few of the products we take and cant go without.
– Evian Facial Spray: Yes, is just what you think and let me tell you your body will thank you! Special if you live in the south.
– Sunscreen: I’ve told you about this before and I’ll say it again. We trust this sunscreen so much
– Bug Spray: As clean as any zoo may be there is always water and that water brings mosquitoes and many many more bugs so this is very very important.
How do you make your family trips easier for the whole family?